A bit of a quick post, which is kinda like this super speeding dessert idea. I’d been cooking savoury things in the kitchen all day for future post and I was aching for something sweet to eat. Devouring a tub of ice cream wasn’t going to work and the cupboard had been emptied of Bourbons and other biscuits.
With some ripe bananas sat in the fruit bowl I decided I would try and make Banana Fritters, a dish that is usually languishing on the menu in Oriental restaurants but no-one quite has room for. We don’t have a deep fat fryer so I used a large sturdy saucepan and poured in enough vegetable oil to submerge the bananas, cut into quarters. Be careful with the hot fat splashing around, especially with children around.
The batter was enough for 3 large bananas, which is just the right portion size for 3 piggy people like us!
Vegan Banana Fritters
3 large ripe Bananas
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened plant milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Maple Syrup or Golden Syrup to serve or cinnamon sugar
- Peel and chop up the bananas. I used quarters for ours.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir in the milk until you have a velvet texture.
- Heat up the oil in the pan. When it is ready dip your quartered bananas into the batter and drop into the pan.
- It takes around a minute for the batter to cook. It is a good idea to turn them over to ensure a golden coating on the fritters.
- Once cooked place on a kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve while still warm with Golden or Maple Syrup and some dairy free ice cream.
Thanks for reading,